Did you know the word ‘balance’ came from the Latin word (libra) and literally means ‘pair of scales’?
I just so happen to have been born with Libra as my sun sign (astrologically). In astrology, your sun sign represents your identity, how you experience life and express your individuality. For me, finding balance is an important part of my spiritual journey in this lifetime.
Libra, the astrological sign, is represented by a set of scales. It is also the only astrological sign that is not represented by an animal or a person. Perhaps this is because Libra, as the seventh zodiac sign is the transitional point between our personal journey and our journey as it relates to others.
In my life, I have found I am most balanced when my internal world is as important as my external world.
What do you do to create balance in your life? How do you balance your inner and outer worlds?
If you’re looking for ways to create more balance in your life, here are five simple ways to help you:
- Take time to disconnect from social media.
After a while, you may find you don’t even miss it! This break from technology will give you time to get to know and understand yourself.
- Make time for relationships where you are supported and loved.
In the past, some of us have sought the company of people who keep us at a distance. On the other hand, we can find balanced and loving relationships with steady, safe, and reliable sources – those who have always been in our corner.
- Recognise where you begin and others end.
As an observer, pay attention to your social interactions with others. Notice if you tend to initiate contact with others, or if they tend to reach out to you more often. Allow yourself to change things up with this new-found knowledge. It’s never too late to try something different.
- Maintain your physical health.
Keeping healthy is a great way of maintaining your equilibrium. Prioritising sleep, good food and regular exercise is a way of staying physically grounded. It will also help you to make good decisions.
- Engage in activities that support your parasympathetic nervous system. This is the half of your nervous system that allows you to ‘rest and digest’. We live in a highly stressed world that activates our sympathetic nervous system. This is the other half of your nervous system that is all about stress, adrenaline rushes, and ‘fight and flight’. We need to actively counterbalance that stress-driven energy by consciously engaging in activities such as meditation, journaling, personal reflective time, and massage.
If you would like someone to come alongside you to help you understand more about astrology, send me a message, I would love to work with you!