What does the energy of South teach us?
The original meaning of the word “south” has a strong association with the Sun. From a Northern Hemisphere perspective, when you face the sun at noon, you are facing south. Other cultures describe this as being the right-hand side of the sun.
The positive attributes of South
From Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), South is associated with the Fire element and Heart/Small Intestines energy. It carries a strong yang energy, the energy of summer.
If you want to attract the positive attributes of courage, change, creativity, knowledge, purification, protection, sexuality and willpower into your life, you can work with this cardinal direction.
A ritual to attract positive ‘South’ attributes into your life
In this ritual, we are working in the time period of late morning and early afternoon, from 11am – 3pm.
- Before you stop for lunch, take 10 minutes to focus you attention on your desired attribute. At this time, realise that the sun is directly above you.
- Look directly above your head. Acknowledge the empowered South/Sun energy. Whether you are inside or outside, whether the sky is clear or cloudy.
- Picture the attribute you are attracting as a perfect orb of light you are holding in both hands and focus your attention in your hands.
- Raise your hands with the orb of light (your desired attribute) to be empowered by the South/Sun energy above you.
- Lower your hands and your empowered attribute/orb of light. Place your hands over your heart, where you receive the attribute into your being.
Do you need help to move forward?
The energies of South are bold and empowering. If you are an introvert or highly sensitive, this energy can feel too much. But when opportunities present themselves, we benefit from that strong fire element energy.
If you would like to work with me to access those energies of activation, send me a message. We can have a 20-minute chat to talk about your needs and how I can help to take action in your life again. Or you may prefer to tap into that bold energy and book a session with me through my online calendar.
More about the cardinal directions
This article is part of a 5-part series that draws from ancient wisdom. It shares the symbolism and archetypical energy of the four cardinal directions (North, South, East, West) and Centre. These energies are a set of archetypes that are powerfully symbolic.
To learn more about the other directional energies, read my other articles in this series (North, West, East and Centre).