What is chronic stress?
Chronic stress is something we experience when a stressful situation has lasted for more than one month. There is no let up when you experience chronic stress. It causes us to feel intense overwhelm and pressure and we see no end in sight. Chronic stresses can include financial struggles, personal or family health problems, increased work pressures and even changes in our living conditions. A most recent source of global form of chronic stress has been the COVID pandemic.
Chronic stress is what all Ukrainians are experiencing right now. It has been more than one month since Russia’s President Putin began his attack on Ukraine. And now much of the world is united in heartbreak as the people of Ukraine fight for their lives and their country. And as empaths watch on, many are distressed and feel unable to help in a practical, tangible way.
What are the effects of chronic stress?
Chronic stress produces many and varied symptoms that affect our bodies and minds. Where do I begin?! Physical symptoms include fatigue, infection and illnesses, headaches, gastro-intestinal disorders. And our minds struggle with brain fog, difficulty making decisions, feelings of losing control, anxiety, and irritability.
If you are an empath, you can also be registering the chronic stress that others experience.
How can you more easily cope with chronic stress?
Here are five helpful tips:
- Make every effort to sleep well at night. This may mean changing some of your daily patterns. Turn off your technology at least one hour before you go to sleep. Use magnesium and melatonin supplements to help you relax more easily in the evening hours.
- Talk to a friend about the source of your stress. Your friends know you and can support you by sharing their perspective in a loving way. The presence of high-vibe crystals in your personal space, such as malachite, zircon and blue kyanite can also be supportive.
- Use high-vibe relaxation techniques, such as regulated breathing techniques, centering and yoga. These techniques will calm your nervous system and allow you to emotionally self-regulate, stabilising your mood, immune system function and blood pressure.
- Ask for support and guidance from your spiritual team. Each of us is supported by seen and unseen beings. These guides who love to help us! They include angels (ministering spirits), totem animals and our pets, supportive ancestors and other amazing beings. Reach out to your guides for intuitive insights and listen carefully to what they share with you.
- Schedule one or more sessions with a practitioner/healer you trust. Especially when you feel energetically blocked or doubt your capacity to directly connect with your spiritual team.
If you suffer from chronic stress and would like to work with me, I offer personal 1-on-1 sessions and multi-session packages.
As we work together, I can help you to re-frame difficult or traumatic experiences through intuitive guidance with the support of your spiritual network. Feel free to send me a message if you would like to know more.